Our company embraces a family history made of people, ideas, successes and sacrifices, to provide a variety of hoses made of plastic materials intended for different uses.
Our journey began over 60 years ago, an adventure embarked on by a family, with ability and tremendous commitment, which led to the name Merlett being known on every continent.
In the marketplace since 1952, the company has been renewed many times to stay at the forefront of the market. The materials used, suitable and certified at the time of processing, are one of the strengths of Merlett, which from the original production exclusively in PVC has diversified also manufacturing in PU, PP, EVA and thermoplastic rubber.
Merlett Tecnoplastic is today a leading manufacturer of flexible technical hoses in plastic materials.
We have come a long way from a small town in Lombardy to arrive worldwide.
It’s thanks to the initiative of the two founding partners TECNOPLASTIC started in Varese in 1952, to Manufacture thermoplastic material.
The company started with just six employees, but the strategy was to reinvest any profits in technology and machinery, this professional outlook meant that in 1965 TECNOPLASTIC had already changed and expanded home twice.
To follow the directives of the market, the company diversified its activities by founding MERLETT, which was then a completely independent company.
In 1969, the two companies merged: hence the MERLETT TECNOPLASTIC Corporation.
Following further growth, within ten years the company moved to the current headquarters in Daverio (Varese).
The development of our structure followed by the opening of branches with warehouses in Europe.
The Company’s strategy has always been from the beginning to give customer service and quality in the shortest possible time. It is for this reason that in the 80s to enable the benefit of local stock holding Merlett opened its first branch outside Italy:
Currently we have 3 production sites: Daverio, our main manufacturing base (approximately 43,000 m2), Varano Borghi (approximately 23,000 m2) and Rancate (CH) Noviteck SA (approximately 3,200 m2) – which was purchased in 2007. In addition we have about 40,000 m2 of external storage. The industrial structure is composed of approximately 130 production lines, 200 extruders and 20 presses, with a daily production of around 450,000 mtrs per day.
The workforce consists of approximately 510 employees, including 400 in Italy and the rest in our subsidiaries.
Currently, the turnover is divided into 4 sales networks:
The geographical allocation of turnover is divided by about 30% in Italy to 70% Export.